SERVICES | Fascial Stretch Therapy
Fascial Stretch Therapy
Fascial Stretch Therapy is a unique system of table-based assisted stretching, therapy and training that dramatically improves your flexibility by lengthening your fascia.
Fascia is the connective tissue that surrounds all structures of the body. As you age, fascia will thicken and shorten. Add to this the stress that your body is under from poor posture, lack of exercise, injury, surgery, disease or over-training - and you get a body that is stiff, sore and injury prone.
When the fascia is restricted it can cause:
• Decreased joint space which can lead to degenerative joint diseases and osteoarthritis
• Increased muscle tone which can lead to trigger points, strains, tendonitis and tears
• Increased nervous tissue tone which can lead to headaches, trigger points and muscle tightness
• Increased scar tissue formation
• Decreased blood flow and energy levels, and much more
While many therapies can help these conditions, only FST™ can completely treat inflexible fascia at the deepest level - your joint capsule. Tension in the tissue and around the joint is released to restore and improve range of movement and take away pain caused by past injuries. This system focuses on realigning, elongating and balancing the body.
• Improved posture
• Reduced risk of injuries
• Releases endorphins which are natural pain suppressants
• Improved strength
• Decreased stress
• Improved athletic performance
• Decreased muscle soreness
Katy uses FST as a stand alone or combined with an acupuncture treatment in 20 or 30 minute sessions.